back to article KILL FLASH WITH FIRE until a patch comes: Hacking Team exploit is in the wild

So it's confirmed: the Adobe Flash vulnerability revealed in the Hacking Team hack is out in the wild being used, and there's no patch yet. Flash users beware! Two sources, Malwarebytes and Malware Don't Need Coffee, have documented updates to the Neutrino exploit kit and Angler exploit kit, respectively. Both kits, which are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mikel

Ok

Who was still using Flash?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ok

Unfortunately, I have to have it installed for one specific purpose. It is required by the VMware web client. Since the VI client now no longer gives full functionality you have to use the web client for certain operations in vSphere.

1. david 12

The exact reason I passed on VMware. For me, there were some options, and I choose one that didn't require installation of Flash on my work machine.

2. Mark 85 Silver badge

Sadly, lots and lots of people. Since almost all of them don't read Twitter security posts or The Register, etc... they are in the dark. Why the hell Adobe and M$ allows it be default "enabled" is beyond me. They and MS aren't doing themselves any favors by this.

3. big_D Silver badge

I uninstalled it in January, I haven't missed it so far.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Those games were so cool.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021