back to article AQL looks for Ofcom approval, maybe more blue hotspots to come?

Regional telco AQL is looking to get Electronic Communications Code (ECC) approval for installing its services, including free Wi-Fi around Leeds, mobile data services, and very, very fast fibre in the ground. The company has one customer wired up at 100Gbps, lots at 10Gbps and hundreds at 1Gbps, and has applied to Ofcom to …

1. CAPS LOCK

There were going to 'dozens' of the blue boxes...

... I've seen two, the one in the picture outside Riveresque (best caf in Leeds) adjacent to Leeds Bridge (site of the worlds first movie) and one opposite the Town Hall. Where are the others 'Doctor' Beaumont?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: There were going to 'dozens' of the blue boxes...

Not sure why the snidey quotation marks, when he does have a PhD in Physical Chemistry.

1. CAPS LOCK

Not sure why the snidey quotation marks, when he does have a PhD in Physical Chemistry.

How about: 1. He's not a physician and B. It's hardly a qualification for running an IT company and WHERE ARE THE BLUE BOXES?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Not sure why the snidey quotation marks, when he does have a PhD in Physical Chemistry.

1. Duh. It's not only medical doctors who are entitled to use the title "Doctor".

2. A science-based PhD is at least as good a qualification as almost anyone else running an IT company holds. Not that it matters much, since his title is "Dr" regardless of the context.

1. CAPS LOCK

Re: Not sure why the snidey quotation marks, when he does have a PhD in Physical Chemistry.

Yes, you got me there - you are completely correct.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I used to work at aql. Great to see they are still the dynamic and exciting company I know and love! Dr. Beaumont is a local hero!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022