back to article Tim Worstall: Metals, mining and my heavyweight book

The Register's favourite economist cum metals trader cum miner Tim Worstall will be delivering our next Summer lecture on June 4 and launching his latest book to boot. So, whether you want to hear Tim cough up pearls of wisdom on the obscure metals that underpin our industry, or throw the book at him for refuting some of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. joeW Silver badge

Would it be childish of me to titter at "cum miner Tim Worstal"?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Tim Worstal

Made oi laff, but then I am fully in touch with my inner child.

1. Tim Worstal

And for completeness, the technical word for such mining is "feltching" and one who mines in that manner is a "feltcher". Amazing what you can learn by reading histories about the love life of our Own Dear King, Eddie VII.

2. Fungus Bob Silver badge
      Childcatcher

Re: fully in touch with my inner child

pervert

3. sandman

Damn!

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this as I'll be studying (and singly-handedly trying to ameliorate) the economic plight of Athenian taverna owners on that date ;-)

4. Hasham

This book going to be on Kindle?

I don't do real.

1. Tim Worstal

Re: This book going to be on Kindle?

Yep, be coming out on Kindle at a reasonable price. $6.99 probably, whatever that becomes in sterling. £4 or so? There will be an alert here to let you know when it's available. Around and about the week of the talk....

1. 4ecks
        Coat

I thought that $6.99 usually comes out at something between £7.99 and £14.99 :-P

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Excellent! One copy sold.

5. x 7

"cum miner"?

Is that the kind of chap who looks for semeniferous ores?

6. TWB

Location/Venue?

I know you assume all your readers to know those things, but might t be worth mentioning i the article the approximate location of the talk (or any of these talks)

Having to click through to book* just to find the location is as annoying as websites that don't tell you delivery costs until you register and almost place an order. (*even then to only says 'London' which somewhat vague)

A line like - "as usual the venue will be [whereever it is]" would suffice

1. TWB

Re: Location/Venue?

Just seen 'Clerkenwell' - did I miss that earlier? - apols if I did and for the poor typing/proof reading

7. Small Furry Animal
    Angel

Would like to come but ...

Unfortunately I'll be one of the marshals on the Crisis Square Mile Run - same day, same time. Any chance of video being produced?

1. Tim Worstal

Re: Would like to come but ...

I'm told that there will be video. So you will get to see my impression of Magnus Pyke on speed (not a good impression mind....)

1. Small Furry Animal

Excellent. I look forward to it

2. John Sager

Likewise, look forward to the video. I would have liked to come but it's my parents' 70th wedding anniversary do in Devon the day after, so I guess I have an excuse...

8. Yugguy

A metal convention

SWEET!!!

Will Manowar be the house band.

1. kmac499
      Coat

Re: A metal convention

Nope headliner is

Manfred Mann's Rare Earth Band

Coat Please

9. Stoneshop Silver badge
    Coat