back to article Symantec: Look at our Q4 numbers ... no, not those ones

The road to separation continues to be anything but smooth for Symantec’s security operation, particularly on the consumer front, as it again suffered from sales shrinkage, unlike the breakaway storage biz. In the last set of full year numbers from the firm, sales fell three per cent to $6.5bn, including a four per cent slip …

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Facepalm

All in the name.

Veritas was a respected name in enterprise storage whereas Symantec was often perceived as a second-choice PC security vendor. I always thought they were nuts not to keep the Veritas business separate.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Consumer security dropped 19 per cent..."

And in related news, consumer-owned PCs are working at least 19% better.

I'm not bitter or anything LOL, but I really hope that the Symantec Norton Internet Security product managers and coders are thrown out of work, left homeless, and suffer painful diseases while sleeping under a bridge.

3. x 7

The sad fact is, Symantec / Norton security products are big, fat and bloated........and more seriously, fail in their primary tasks of acting as antivirus and antimalware tools, while the firewall is such a PITA to operate on a home network that most home users simply disable it

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like