back to article Time to patch your Cisco TelePresence systems

Cisco TelePresence kit and software need patching after the company turned up vulnerabilities that open them up to remote command injection and denial of service attacks. TelePresence TC and TE software has two vulnerabilities: an authentication bypass that gives attackers root access to devices running the software, while the …

1. TRT Silver badge

Are they going to be FoC?

Because I have two and the software maintenance was yet another add on extra. I'm very, very WTF?!!! about that hidden cost. Dirty, Cisco, dirty. Should have at least 1 yr of upgrades included.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Are they going to be FoC?

I think they normally release these kind of things for free provided you have a CCO account. I have a customer that refused to put network kit under maintenance with Cisco and upgraded their IOS whenever Cisco released a free version as a result of a security fix!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Are they going to be FoC?

Read the advisory.

"Cisco has released free software updates that address the vulnerabilities described in this advisory. Prior to deploying software, customers are advised to consult their maintenance providers or check the software for feature set compatibility and known issues that are specific to their environments."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like