back to article TalkTalk unveils best results ever – and its share price dips

TalkTalk's share price dropped two per cent after it delivered its best ever quarterly financial results, for the end of 2014. The company posted revenue in the 12 months to 31 March 2015 of £1.8bn, up 4.2 per cent on the previous year, and profit of £76m, up 24.6 per cent, helped by improved efficiency. Unusually for …

1. David Lewis 2

News is not good?

So 9 out of 10 incidents shown are attributed to "Openreach Cable Break", which are therefore outside TalkTalk's control, and could even be affecting customers of other ISPs, including BT!

But hey, don't let reality spoil a good story. Good to see The Register maintaining its standard of journalism.

1. Triggerfish

Re: News is not good?

Meh if you try talk talks service, you'll realise how atrocious they are, seriously the amount of time I spend resetting a router or rebooting it, because my connection just stops. Frankly their service status page has never listed an issue in my area and yet my connections drops out at least once a day.

1. JetSetJim
        Mushroom

Re: News is not good?

Meh - I get the same from BT. A few months ago the HH4 started losing connection to the exchange (which is miles away). Repeat broadband (more like "plump-band", as it tops out at 1mbps) outages, with the usual "3 working day resolution" times.

One of their customer support teams even promised that it would definitely be fixed for good this time as they'd put a note on the trouble ticket to that effect (which to the cynical implies the option to not fix it for good - possibly even the default value for that, too!).

Can't wait to move house - fingers crossed they don't screw that up, too (although for some reason last night's technical support person thought that because I'd initiated the house move, my service would be instantly deactivated, despite the move date being in July, and that was why my BB was no longer working).

Icon ---> the only solution, and from orbit

2. Triggerfish

You think the status tracker is bad

Try their service test for your connection, you navigate to the web page and click on it, it tells you you are connected. Ingenious.

1. TheresaJayne

Re: You think the status tracker is bad

When i log in it usually tells me my phone broadband and tv are all not connected (yet they all still work)

3. Morgawr

Of course it was OpenReach's issues... never any problems at TalkTalk... well none that we would own up to. I have used their service and it was horrendous at best. I am now back with BT and while they may have issues, they have stepped up their game lately to improve both customer service as well as my BB service. Started with the HH4 and now on the HH5 and cant really complain as it has been "fairly" stable and operational over the past 18mths.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looking beyond the headlines, when I read "82,000" new TV customers and "reduced churn", I just think that's 82,000 customers who were bribed not to leave by taking a "free" Huawei set top box for YouView. But how many of those customers pay for TV, versus just taking a free Freeview (in all but name) PVR? Do they actually make any money from their TV customers? I'd be surprised.

5. TheresaJayne

I have been with talk talk for over a year and i think not one outage (at least whilst i have been at home)

the only annoying thing is they keep calling me up to try and sell me a better package, - i already have their top broadband + minimal phone and normal tv (i dont use anything else)

Unless they can provide GB network to the premises I can't get any better - Tuesday they called 12 times trying to sell me more services (in a 3 hour time scale)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon