back to article Oh, hey, look – it's the hardware storing all your medical records

Hitachi has whipped out a data-center outage tool, a health data storage product, and an analytics center of excellence – and put them under a social innovation umbrella. What gives? Hitachi and HDS is turning itself into a kind of amalgam of GE (General Electric) and EMC. The three new products are: Hitachi Live Insight for …

1. x 7

As I understand it the Hitachi Clinical systems mainly hold images and data from scanners and other diagnostic tool. Doesn't matter how good they make it if they don't interface it with the various front-end clinical systems from the likes of TPP SystmOne, INPS Vision, Emis Web/Ascribe, iSOFT Lorenzo etc....

Without the interface the data is orphaned

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re:

I have followed the care.data debacle, just seen the Reg write-up of the French clone, and now this! Please tell me why I should share my medical records with so many people?

1. x 7

Re: Re:

you already will be.

Irrespective of care.data and the summary care records, most GP surgery patient record clinical systems are to a greater extent cloud-based or remotely hosted. Very few now have a local server located in the surgery. Most are either in the software providers server farms, or else are located in servers at the local CCG or CSU offices

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like