back to article SharePoint's next release delayed until deep into 2016

It's becoming apparent that Microsoft's “cloud first” mantra needs some balance, because by making software-as-a-service its priority Redmond is relegating on-premises software to second-class citizenship. Exhibit A for that assertion is last week's announcement that Exchange Server 2016 will be not much more than a rollup of …

1. Anonymous Blowhard

This is why Microsoft are still in business

Whilst their mobile division don't know they're shit, the server division does know their shit...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: This is why Microsoft are still in business

Do you mean as in, 'The server division know they are not very good?', or 'They are very clued up?'

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

+many for the photo

That is all. W

3. breakfast

Cher point

I am slightly weirded out because I have used that exact image for that exact joke recently. I didn't publish it anywhere so far as I recall, so I'm sure it's parallel evolution, but nice to know that someone has the same sense of stupid jokes as me...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SaaS deathnail

How many of us would buy into M$ SaaS system?

5. Terafirma-NZ

more messed up than we thought

Or it is that they now have to run this stuff themselves and I'm not talking IT department but the actual dev teams are involved and they have come to the conclusion that it is shit and are now burning the midnight oil to get all the patches pushed back to main trunk so a new release can be done.

I will continue to say it, office 365 and azure are the best thing to happen to on premises MS software finally they have to make this stuff run themselves and answer to failures. Heck they can't even keep DNS running for a whole year something we IT people are well past.

6. Michael Maxwell

non-English

That paragraph quoted from Microsoft is a Register joke, right? Microsoft didn't say that, surely. Because I thought they spoke English.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020