back to article Dead Steve Jobs' wage-fixing pact in Silicon Valley was news to us, claim Apple directors

Apple insists its top execs were not aware of the employee wage-fixing pact Steve Jobs apparently had between his Silicon Valley rivals. Apple stockholder R. Andre Klein is suing the iPhone giant's CEO Tim Cook, a handful of its directors and the Jobs' estate, on behalf of the company's shareholders, claiming the top brass …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. ratfox
    Angel

De mortuis nil nisi bonum

Unless in a court of law, in which case, pile on 'em.

1. returnmyjedi

Re: De mortuis nil nisi bonum

Valar morghulis.

3. Mark 85

I guess we'll never know who knew then...

... unless they can find a way to re-animate Jobs and question him. Obviously there wasn't a BCC or CC on the emails.

4. Breen Whitman

What we do know is Jobs was sneaky, manipulative, and would merely threaten anyone who questioned him.

Hence it is most feasible his own people inside apple knew nothing of this.

Jobs was like Hitler in many ways. Clever innovators but inherently vile evil people.

Hitler tended to make those that questioned him brown bread. as jobs probably did.

1. Stretch

Godwin's Law Fail.

Anyway, to the Directors: Pull The Other One, It Has Got Bells On.

5. Alan Denman

He's not the Messiah

Come on execs, don't put the coffin on it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: He's not the Messiah

He was just a very naughty boy!

6. msknight

Pull the other one

At the very least, HR departments must have known, and they're further down the chain.

Someone's trying to bleat their way out of this, and if the US lets them do it, then ... *sigh* ... Where's my sign that says, "I am the 99%" ... or at least 0.00000001% of the 99%...

7. Jedit Silver badge
    Flame

Jobs Vacant

For exactly how long can Apple blame Jobs for every shitty thing they do? Probably forever, I suppose - I'm told he believed in reincarnation. As soon as he popped his clogs Apple execs were likely out there looking for a child born at the same moment, like the Dalai Lama.

Perhaps we should get it all out of the way at once and hold a Cadaver Synod. Dig up Jobs's body, try him for everything all at once, cut off his swiping fingers and throw the rest in the river. Then we can all get on with our lives and actually blame the corporation for the reprehensible things it does.

8. LucreLout
    WTF?

Righto!

If you're a senior director and you don't know about something happening at your company that is delivering your biggest cost saving, and affects every employee you have, then you shouldn't be a senior director. You need to be sacked before you resign in shame.

Blaming the dead guy is disgraceful. Sure, Jobs could be a knob (I'm not sure there are any nice guy geniuses out there) but trying to blame him in isolation is digusting.

1. launcap Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Righto!

> If you're a senior director and you don't know about something happening at your company that is

> delivering your biggest cost saving

Most directors care very, very little about employee matters (apart from making sure that they hire the right people - for whichever version of 'right' applies).

That kind of stuff is usually left to HR staff and/or lower level minions.

1. LucreLout
        FAIL

Re: Righto!

Most directors care very, very little about employee matters

And yet most directors care very very much about cost reductions.

Still more directors care about who speaks for the company in any negotiation.

And all directors care from where this years bonus comes.

The idea that this wasn't orchestrated with the complicity and full knowledge of the C suite of management and those in the the tier below is, frankly, garbage. Fail. Epic fail, and no messing.

9. Gis Bun

How do you not know there is a deal on not to poach? An Apple sanitation engineer tells a friend in software development that he has an excellent developer at IBM looking to change jobs but the soion to be ex-IBM employee never gets called [and maybe even gets demoted or fired at IBM].

10. fishbone

I noticed the lawyers didn't deny it happened just that the evidence was weak.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like