back to article Storage biz gets down with da kidz, announces new update on Reddit

A NetBackup update is coming from Veritas, according to a Reddit forum. Veritas hosted an AMA (ask me anything) discussion on 13 March which has been posted to Reddit. According to the postings, NetBackup 7.7 will feature more capabilities in these following areas: Cloud storage, with Google Cloud Storage Nearline mentioned …

1. unredeemed

What a wasted AMA

The sad thing about this AMA, is it was hosted by someone with ZERO clue about the products and zero technical abilities. He is a global brand manager, no more than a marketing person. His then online persona tried to be cool and collected, tried hard to have a swagger; but in reality he answered very little about Veritas and where it was headed.

A product manager would have been better, or even a technical product manager. Alas, reddit users got stuck with the marketing guy.

1. Simonizer
      Meh

Re: What a wasted AMA

It's true our host was not a NetBackup guy, but we had a lot of NetBackup folks behind the scenes (look me up on LinkedIn if you doubt my creds). Unfortunately this AMA fell way short of what we wanted due to the fact that for whatever reason Reddit started to think we were spammers and curbed our postings to once every 8 minutes and then finally killed the thread prematurely. We've never had that problem before.

So I guess I agree with you: it was sort of a wasted AMA. We'll set up another one and next time fill your screen with more than you ever wanted to know about backup & recovery.

Glen Simon

Symantec/Veritas

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like