back to article Speaking in Tech: A Kardashian wearing the Apple Watch? Now that's success

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week we dig into the Apple Watch (what's the point, and is it any better than the Pebble), the untimely and rather bizarre death of GigaOm, and Microsoft killing backup software. This week’s special guest is Marc …

1. Paul Renault

Yep, I'm going to take my hardware purchasing recommendations from Kim Kardashian...

I'll get right on it.

1. adnim
      Meh

What's a Kardashian

Were they in Star trek or Stargate or summat similar?

Something as vacuous as intergalactic space should not seen as an authority on er.... well anything.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: What's a Kardashian

Apparently they are an authority on black guys. But then according to Sasha Baron Cohen, black guys are less fussy...

2. Dazed and Confused
        Paris Hilton

And where's the Paris Hilton angle?

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: What's a Kardashian @adnim

Come on. Even Penny knows who the Kardashians are, even though she does not know Star Trek from Star Wars!

4. Purple-Stater

No, no, no, no, no! When you're on Star-something you have something strange and/or bizarre added to your head to make you look alien. Kardashians have something added to their hips to make the look alien.

(Seriously, that picture is just... whaddafug?)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yep, I'm going to...

"I'll get right on it."

Allegedly you would be joining quite a large club who have been there before you.

2. Yugguy

Am I the only person

Who thinks that bird is minging?

1. Dazed and Confused

Re: Am I the only person

Look rich men having been getting away with being "minging" since the dawn of money, so I guess this shouldn't be an issue.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Look rich men having been getting away with being "minging" since the dawn of money, so I guess this shouldn't be an issue."

I guess that's true. So what you are saying is to take her money, keep a good stock of paper bags, and pay for a good looking shag on the side...

1. Dazed and Confused

Re: So what you are saying

No what I'm say is that it doesn't matter one jot whether she's minging or gorgeous, she gets a lot of attention from certain types of people. No one feels the need to post that say Bernie Ecclestone is "minging" and yet look at some of the people he's hung about with, how many women would find him attractive if he wasn't loaded? As soon as comments are made about someone who happens to be female then it suddenly becomes open season on what she may or may not look like.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: So what you are saying

"it doesn't matter one jot whether she's minging or gorgeous"

Of course it does. Women are not commonly rated for much else. Even by other women.

"she gets a lot of attention from certain types of people"

A fat arse seems to do it for some of them it seems.

"As soon as comments are made about someone who happens to be female"

Ah, I see your problem now. Never mind, according to those Thai "birds" you meet while watching "Ping Pong" it can all be fixed with surgery these days...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like