back to article Oz spooks hack, try to fry Middle East servers – report

Oz spies have reached across the Indian Ocean and meddled with the cooling controls of an unnamed Middle Eastern nation's servers hostile to Australia, according to reports. The Australian Financial Review offered scant detail on the attack that was based on multiple intelligence sources. The report claims the Australian …

1. Sanctimonious Prick
    Pirate

I Bet...

...that nation knows who they are...? And now they know the source of the attack. What's next? They retaliate and take out our online banking services, HumanServices.gov.au, ASIO? Or maybe they'll sever our international pipes, crash satellites into our major cities, or send in some jihadists?

A little bit TIC there, though I suspect there will be consequences.

1. Fluffy Bunny
      Black Helicopters

Re: I Bet...

Oh, please, please let them take out the department of human services. They don't do anything good, just shovel hundreds of billions out the door to non-contributing people. The Romans discovered the problem with bread and circuses... sooner or later you run out of money to pay for it all.

1. LaeMing

Re: I Bet...

@Fluffy Bunny. You obviously don't pay taxes. The last tax return notices came with a nice pie chart showing how little of my tax dollar actually gets spent in human services.

2. crayon

"They retaliate and take out our online banking services, ..."

If they dare do that the international community (ie the US and its poodles) will come out raging and foaming at the mouth declaring it an outrageous attack and slap sanctions and threaten war.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like