back to article 'I've got a brick feeling about this' - El Reg's guide to the best Lego films + TV

Using toys to re-enact beloved movies is pretty much one of every nerdy kid's favorite playtime activities and Lego makes this easy, by providing minifigs of many of celluloid's leading characters. It's safe to say I had far more fun with my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lego down the pub than I did watching Michael Bay's film …

1. MacroRodent

pseudobricks

> I just think it was a shame The Lego Movie was not actually created using Lego bricks!

However, they tried to make it look as it it had been, unlike most other professional Lego films. For example, the legs of the minifigures do not bend.

1. Richard Wharram

Re: pseudobricks

I thought they did a great job. The bricks feel the same size they do in real life. I'd never seen a CGI Lego before that looked the right scale. Also the bricks have scratches and imperfections and texture. It's quite well done tbh.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cybermen

The only thing that ever scared me in Doctor Who when I was a kid, were the Cybermen. Because of those holes for their eyes and mouth. Those Legomen have disturbing similarities.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

One word:

Camelot?

4. P. Lee

I had a space scooter too!

Unlike the modern stuff, you could look at them and work out how to build them, or something like them.

The stuff these days... great for hobby modellers, but as a toy, you just buy the set with the largest number of generic pieces.

At some point, I'll see if I can get Benny's spacecraft for the kids, but these things just don't seem to come on sale :) (Happy face... because that's the only face available)

5. Fun Fun

How about this!

Fan made lego Kastlevania IV movie, total duration over 2 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcOHWQBXujw

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon