Hmmm cheesy bollocks!
The idea is quite sweet in many ways - you get to store some digital keepsake 'in' the pearl to be replayed whenever the NFC is activated via their app.
Apps need updating, storage will clearly be online as opposed to on an NFC chip (they suggest using audio or video mementoes) , so the 'generations to come' is a lot more likely to be 'next 10 years or so' until one or more of the following...
1) NFC becomes outdated and falls out of use
2) OS versions march on, but the app doesn't keep upadating on newer OS's
3) The server hosting turns out to be uneconomic as people pay upfront, not periodically
4) The content is hacked (and I'll bet it's trivially easy - probably just needing a UID of some sort from the NFC chip, brute-forceable)
5) The video format becomes outdated and no longer supported
6) Gah, whatever, you get the idea.