back to article Second time's a charm: Adobe has another go at killing Flash hijack flaw

Ready to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday? Can't wait to open your advent calendar? Not so fast – there's one more patch to install before the month is over. Adobe has posted an update for its Flash plugin, version 15.0.0.239, to address a critical remote-code-execution vulnerability. This will be the Photoshop giant's second …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A simple patch on Linux

If you use Chrome on Linux then you can use libpepper. Since around Chrome 3x it runs everything I've ever come across Flash-wise once you turn off the safety checks - my classic test is Farmville 2 in fullish screen, works even without resorting to Bumblebee/Optimus.

Unfortunately my classic test involves ....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A simple patch on Linux

No you can't... not in Debian 7 64bit, anyhow. Flash/Chrome crashes galore. What distro/version are you running?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

I got so excited...

My RSS reader abbreviated the title to "Second time's a charm: Adobe has another go at killing Flash".

Upon clicking that title, my hopes were crushed. Crushed, I say.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF

Fuck Fuckobe. Now I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or what but after going "oh joy another week another Fuckobe patch" and deploying Fuckobe's latest attempt at a glorified whatever the fuck one of my designers systems ended up with a dysfunctional Fuckobe Fuckrobat. Crashes on launch with no error and no error log to be found. All preferences folders have been deleted and it still crashes. So I've had the pleasure of dealing with not one but two Fuckobe related fuckups today. If these fucking fucks aren't releasing code with nine fuckillion security vulnerabiliies then they're simply releasing fuck which outright doesn't fucking work.

Fuck.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: WTF

You are Mr. Tourette and I claim my £5.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: WTF

When I need to deal with Fuckobe related problems damn right I am!

4. DNTP

Almost had that moment of hope:

"Adobe has another go at killing Flash hijack flaw"

until I realized that title had a few words in it beyond my first impression. Specifically the words 'has another go at' and 'hijack flaw'. The remainder would have been a truly great story.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like