back to article A life of cybercrime, a caipirinha and a tan: Fraudsters love a Brazilian

Brazil is the only market that offers training services for cybercriminal wannabes, making it possible to start a new career in cybercrime for just $500. Training modules, hands-on exercises, interactive guides, instructional videos, as well as post-training support are available, according to a new report of the Brazilian …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

School for crooks...

Isn't that where Dave and his pals graduated?

2. Sacioz

Unreal

I'd never guess the schools are so liberal on that subject , but am sorry to say , misguided .

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Unreal

Schools are schools. No moral connotations are assumed. There is, for example, the "School of the Americas" etc.

But for USD 500? MUH HAXX!!

1. mutt65

Re: Unreal or is it?

I was at Benning working with these idiots in the early to mid-1980s, both the US and their Central American puppets..............so you're correct: schools are schools. But better yet, we even schooled the Islamic State, which seems to be kickin' it across the Middle East, so school or not, we need a resolution, yes? And the lesson today is; You need to know the history before you make a judgement. There is ALWAYS a risk assessment before any action, menaing choose the bad one over the worst one. Maybe the US should just stay the hell out of everything?

1. Bloakey1

Re: Unreal or is it?

<snip>

" But better yet, we even schooled the Islamic State,"

<snip>

Psssst. They also trained the Pathet Lao, Viet Minh, half of the military in South America, Iranian intelligence and military, AlQaeda through the auspices of the Mujahadeen etc. etc.

Ahh well at least they did not arm them, ohh, I see they did.

They are now training the Iranians again, to help in the war on terror or what ever they are calling it this week.

Rum coves the Americans, they lay a petard and they then moan when they are hoist by it.

3. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

I wonder if this has something to do with Brazil's restrictions on extradition. They don't extradite their own citizens, preferring to try them at home. And if their laws concerning cybercrime are a bit lax, that would be the better legal venue for a defendant.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SUCK IT RUSSIA

Well, we had to compensate somehow for not being #1 in soccer anymore...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That reporting...

> Cybercriminals continued to take advantage of Brazil’s high online and mobile banking penetration to turn a dishonest buck. Unlike their Chinese and Russian counterparts who [....]

I failed to see any mention of the US or EU in this article. Never mind that these two lead the pack as originators of cybercrime, with a share of about 20% each, compared to China's 10%, Brazil's 6%, while Russia barely registers at 2% alongside Canada (although the Russians are much better at making profit off it).

Also of interest was this graphic on one of the articles you linked to. You will notice how skilfully the map has been cropped on its northern edge.

So while you might get a catchy headline off Brazil and everyone loves to hate Russia or distrust China, most of the cybercrime that actually has an impact on us is likely to come from some bloke in the Midlands or a cyber-redneck in Mississippi. I would love to read an article on that.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So for your $500 do you get a certificate or the right to cackle maniacally over the keyboard or something? I'm...erm....asking for a friend.

7. Ted's Toy

Listed on New York stock markets?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021