back to article Quantum key security steps outside the box

US researchers have come a step closer to turning quantum key distribution (QKD) into a “black box” that can be made provably secure regardless of whose boxes sit at each end of a link. In creating a quantum crypto implementation, researchers rely on models of the systems they've created as proofs of their security. That means …

1. adnim
    Joke

Why does Eve

get such bad press?

I read somewhere that Bob and Alice's activities might be nefarious and Eve is really only trying to reveal the truth.

1. frank ly

Re: Why does Eve

I'm wondering what happened to Carol and Dave; they used to work closely with Alice and Bob.

Note: Eve is an eavesdropper, she's a victim of nominative determinism and we should feel sorry for her.

2. bpfh
    Trollface

Re: Re: Why does Eve

Eve may be the eavesdropper, but as she's Mallory's sister, she has also been taking lessons in Social Engineering. She did get Adam to take a bite out of Apple...

3. Tryhard Carder
    Stop

I think we're all overlooking a major flaw in quantum encryption.

What if the data exists both in an encrypted AND unencrypted state and you don't know unless you measure the outcome?!?!?! What if the data in the unencrypted state gets mixed up and the unencrypted state ends up in this universe, and the encrypted state ends up in another universe?

What is Brian Greene realises he doesn't really understand the crap he spouts?

What the hell is Brian Cox smiling about all the time?

Is it a coincidence they're both called Brian?

I'm confused.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like