back to article iPhone NFC: 'Apple, photos and security ... What could go wrong?'

This was the week when Apple released their newest iteration of the iPhone and revealed the long heralded iWatch, sorry, justWatch: and told fanbois and gurrls that they could start paying for stuff with their mobes. But you knew that already. What does it all mean? Gartner veep Van Baker reckons that Apple has finally caught …

1. NoneSuch Silver badge

The iWatch

"What is proposed is like a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much loved and elegant friend."

2. William Donelson

Nudists? Really?

I hope someday The Register will grow up,

1. John 110

"I hope someday The Register will grow up,"

I hope it won't!!

2. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Boffin

Grow up? why?

come on, give us a reason why we should? After all, we have act like grownups for 99% of the time?

3. xyz Silver badge

well obviously...

their iwatches aren't going to be on their wrists.....willycam time

4. Webster Phreaky

To Trust CrApple with any "Security" is like Chamberlin trusting Hitler with Czechoslovakia and Poland staying free of invasion.

1. DiViDeD

Aaaaargh! Godwin already. And just when I was about to post a worthy and pithy comment that would easily win me comment of the week.

Bugger

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Net Disaster?

"Just imagine if ISPs had to stand in line and fill out forms and wait for permission to increase broadband speeds, add Wi-Fi hotspots or create new TV Everywhere services. What would that look like? It would be a net disaster."*

Completely ignoring the fact (at least in the US) that you aren't doing any of the three improvements as is, it would be nice to see you suffer in lines or on hold just as much as we experience from you. Misery doth love company.

*[Actually, if you really parse it correctly, the 'net disaster' would be to their net-earnings, not the inter-net.]

6. Ed Mozley

Smart meters are great

I switched from EON to British Gas who gave me a smart meter. My bills are now about £120 a MONTH less - this 26 pounds a YEAR saving figure sounds dubious.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Smart meters are great

What?!?! My electric is only £60 a month, Family of 5. And I leave shitloads of devices on, charging or in standby, use a tumble dryer, night lights, consoles and sky boxes, routers.... Don't use any "tomato growing" lamps though. Are you sure that your flat mate hasn't just switched off his lamps so he doesn't get caught...?

2. deadlockvictim

Re: Smart meters are great

The person featured is a real customer and has received a gratuity for appearing in this commercial.

7. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

What would that look like?

"Just imagine if ISPs had to stand in line and fill out forms and wait for permission to increase broadband speeds, add Wi-Fi hotspots or create new TV Everywhere services. What would that look like? It would be a net disaster."

A total customer service disaster on every single submission from an ISP. The FCC staff would probably have to pull a process book out from the archives to figure out how to handle such a rare event.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like