back to article Faced with stiff competition, Facebook just can't satisfy – report

The latest data on social networks from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) shows Facebook is about the least popular social network – but that doesn't seem to stop people using the site. "Even with improvements across the board, e-business—and social media in particular - doesn't do well in terms of user …

1. Charles Manning

They didn't ask the users...

The users of Facebook are the advertisers and people making money from Farmville etc.

The people who think they are the users are actually the PRODUCT.

Since when does a farmer interview the sheep?

1. solo

Re: They didn't ask the users...

+1

So, if people are so unsatisfied, still clinging to it and inviting even more, it seems even more like a sheep crowd.

2. Khaptain Silver badge

LinkedIn

Twitter and Facebook I understand but LinkedIn ! It's really a bit too dull to be classed as Social Media.

1. king of foo

Re: LinkedIn

Agreed. Everyone's just on there in case they get canned..

I avoid myface and shitter like the plague but I'm on LinkedIn.

3. auburnman

Bad for the 'Sector'

To be ranked lower than ISP's (especially American ISP's) has got to be a hard punch in the gut.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

People hate it but they have no choice

Sort of like using Windows.

There's really no competition in social networking. Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Pinterest and so on are all different enough from Facebook they aren't really replacements. The only direct competition is Google+, but that's a bad joke that apparently Linus Torvalds is the only regular user of.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like