back to article Plastic is the new rock, say Geologists

Geologists have identified what they say is a new class of rock. 'Plastiglomerates', as the new rocks are called, form when plastic debris washes up on beaches, breaks down into small pieces, becomes mixed in sand or sticks to other rocks and solidifies into an agglomerate mixing all of the above. Such rocks, say US and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Wzrd1 Silver badge

OK, let me get this straight.

You say the following:

"The paper identifies four types of plastiglomerate, namely: "

Then, promptly contributes *precisely* three types.

Then spouts off nonsense.

Then ignores geologic weathering effects.

Screw it, ignores frigging reality.

Spanks for nothing.

Reality, plastic is an environmental problem, be it "harmless" or a cancer causing agent.

But, that isn't the topic of your alarmist bullshit.

So, with no due respect, SOD OFF!

I'm seriously and honestly reconsidering my subscription and network filter rules, after many years.

1. frank ly

Re: OK, let me get this straight.

Coffee ...too much .....too little .... a delicate balance.

2. crediblywitless

I'm reminded of the geological layer of shoes described in the original radio H2G2.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nurdleology

Here we see a layer of Nurdlestone, this indicates the presence of Humans which were an ape species known for their extreme self interest and lack of understanding of natural balance. The small black specs are Nikeduels made from a specific manufacturers logo found on forms of artificial footwear and other clothing, this period marks the peak of human indifference to matters of pollution and concentration on their own feet, battles were often fought in conurbations over such footwear with death not unknown for possession of those items...

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Martin Budden Silver badge
    Holmes

etc etc etc

There are plenty of other examples of things which presumably will one day form layers of anthropogenic "rock": asphalt, landfill sites, not to mention cities.

This topic is closed for new posts.