back to article Microsoft bug hunters kicked 0day own goal

A team of Microsoft researchers had kicked an own goal by alerting a third party to a zero day vulnerability that they were unaware also affected Redmond. The gaffe in the early days of the Microsoft Vulnerability Research (MSVR) team didn't result in Redmond getting owned, but prompted the creation of a rule in the department …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jjk
    Coat

Ydgterday

I know the Reg uses their own units of measurement, but so far I was unaware that they also have special names for weekdays, and probably a calendar too.

1. launcap Silver badge
      Happy

Re: Ydgterday

Presumably they used the World Tree to get to Oz?

1. Euripides Pants

Re: Ydgterday

I thought Ydgterday was Welsh for "OW, my balls!"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've had the same problems.

I don't remember what site it was, or what the bug was (but it was a doozie.) All I can remember is that it took me several phone calls and quite a bit of time to contact someone who could actually take the bug report. Of course, I was young and naive, then. Now, I'd just go back to Google and find another source.

3. chris lively

I'm confused. What the hell does "kicked an own goal" mean?

Is the author trying to say that MS now tests against their own software before alerting others? or is he saying that they normally do but didn't in this instance? Or is he saying that they used to but don't anymore?

Also, that quote from Brown needs cleaned up. The way it reads is that MSVR is supposed to prevent people from not reporting credit card payments to Microsoft's network. huh? I think you "..."'d an important bit there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like