back to article Yahoo! keen! to! slurp! news! video! distie! site!

Yahoo! is reportedly chatting up the folks at online video service News Distribution Network for a potential acquisition worth $300m. Sources whispered to the Wall Street Journal that the Purple Palace is in talks to slurp NDN for around $300m, although the negotiations are only in the early stages so they could still fall …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just the corporate version...

.... of someone slowly going down in quicksand desperately trying to grab onto anything nearby that looks even vaguely like a rope or branch.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

it's like talcum powder* (*ask your grandpa)

You may think that but to a certain generation of web users (i.e. internet dinosaurs) Yahoo! is a brand/product they feel irrationally loyal to because it introduced them to all the glorious (and sordid) delights of the internet back in the late nineties. It may, by most other people's reckoning, have been superseded by other products (insert grooming allegorical match of your choice here) but some people will continue to use it because it's what they're used to and it works OK for them.

Marissa's challenge is to reform the Yahoo! dinosaur while not alienating the dinosaur users until it becomes a cool dinosaur that everyone loves again. And it seems like she's giving it a really good go so far.

1. Charles Manning

You mean like Barney?

"a cool dinosaur that everyone loves"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFQfM-pLmL4

... or an annoying purple has-been

2. RISC OS

The only "service" that yahoo has...

... that I use is mail.

I never will use anything else. There is no reason to use anything yahoo offers as a service - except the email ;)

3. RainbowTrout

I'm amazed that Yahoo is still around....

4. Tank boy
    Trollface

Keep the band playing to calm the passengers

Excuse us while we re-arrange the deck chairs a bit. Nothing to worry about folks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like