back to article Didn't you know? Today's Patch Thursday! Adobe splats hijack bug in Shockwave Player

Adobe has updated its Shockwave Player to close a security hole that could allow hackers to hijack vulnerable Windows and OS X computers. The Photoshop giant said version 12.1.150 will address a flaw that enables an attacker to potentially remotely control a targeted system: a malicious file opened by Shockwave could exploit a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete Spicer

People still use Shockwave?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I thought that, too.

Users can obtain the latest patched version of Shockwave Player from Adobe's Shockwave download site.

Maybe they announce these vulnerabilities for the media coverage.

2. Don Dumb

I'm guessing there's some corporate training packages still using Shockwave plugins. From what I've seen the online training materials are usually never updated updated monstrosities. Now usually Flash or Silverlight based but I seem to remember ours were Shockwave.

What I don't get is why they can't be just HTML based, all they usually do is click through a linear set of information pages and videos and then have a quiz at the end. Rarely do they seem complicated enough to justify putting them into flash.

2. Tree

What is Shockwave Flash>

I thought you needed to have shickwave player to play flash. What's the difference?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like