back to article eBay stockholders! There's MORE to COME, thunders Carl Icahn

Activist investor Carl Icahn is continuing his campaign to get eBay to spin off PayPal, writing yet another letter to shareholders that said he hadn't even begun to fight to get his way. "Stockholders, please stay tuned. There is more to come – much more," Icahn threatened in his latest open letter (emphasis his own). The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stop calling him an activist investor. He's just a douche!

1. Cubical Drone

Here, here. Just think of all the key strokes, printer's ink and bandwidth that could be save by just saying douche instead of activist investor whenever his name is mentioned in an article.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Self evidently

Anyone who writes "reach out" when they mean "contact" is already far advanced in douchebaggery.

2. Euripides Pants

Re: just a douche

More like a monkey flinging crap

3. Anonymous Coward
      Childcatcher

The unpleasant and unacceptable face of capitalism

The man is just a jackal who contributes nothing.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Someone Else Silver badge
    FAIL

"Mr Icahn is making up a fake conspiracy theory out of thin air," [Andreesen] said.

And this varies from normal, how?

Carl, your brand of bullshit capitalism didn't work in the 80's, or the 90's (ref TWA), and, surprisingly enough, hasn't gotten any better in the New Millennium. You're not All That, so here's a nice warm bowl of STFU for you.

1. Hud Dunlap
      Unhappy

@someone Else

His brand of bullshit capitalism worked very well for him. And that is all that matters to him.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's obvious

"I want to get rid of all this cronyism and corruption on the Board by putting two of my nominees on it to further my personal interests."

4. Captain DaFt

Lather, rinse, repeat

"Stockholders, please stay tuned. There is more to come – much more," Icahn threatened.

Or, "If you call my bluff, I'll be forced to find another company to pester!", Cried Ichan, the belligerent, billionaire beggar.

5. wowfood

Survery questions

Majority of investors want the board to change. With no figures I can only assume this majority is 50.1% of something equally low

43% of investors want to split off paypal.

Isn't it great how he goes by the number of investors, rather than how big their investment is? 20 biggest investors vs 43% of what remains. I don't think he has a hope in hell. Then again at this point the douche should just start saying the opposite of what he wants to do.

6. Wallyb132

Ichan needs to...

drop dead...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ichan needs to...

He's a parasite, so long as there's lots of people around he can leech off he'll stay alive.

7. kain preacher

Carl Icahn

Why is it when I hear his name I get this feeling I got drunk at a pup and picked up some strange chic. Only to find out she has the clap and crabs. Worse is you realized you forgot to buy condoms yesterday.

8. Barry Rueger

Two Questions

There are still people who use E-bay?

And PayPal?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Two Questions

List some alternatives.

9. Bitbeisser
    Thumb Down

This turd really needs to STFU!

10. micheal

Board

Icahn is also looking to get two of his nominees onto the board of directors who he said "will be focused more on enhancing value for all eBay stockholders than on leveraging their relationships with eBay to benefit their outside personal investments".

isnt leveraging his men into the board doing exactly what he claims? is he putting them there for his health and vitality or to get his plans voted in?

this guy is such a hypocrite

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020