1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Happy

Order of the Brown-Nose

I've decided to launch a new thread. Which I hope people will post on every-so-often. Just because this forum is full of 'why don't you do this?' posts, complaints and general grumpiness. As is to be expected. The unhappy customer is apparently 5-10 times as likely to spread the bad news than the other way round. And to be fair, there's a lot of constructive suggestions.

But I'm currently feeling all warm and nostalgiically glowing, after reading Tony Smith's piece on the Amstrad C64. Ahhh. Happy days. And so I find myself in benevolent mood.

So anyway, I thought that I should say that article was nice. Time, research and effort had been spent on writing it, and it was about a subject bound to interest some of us. So I was considering pinging a quick email to El Reg saying thanks, but decided to do it publicly.

Obviously our vulture overlords have logs,but I decided it would be nice to have a 'well done' thread. Positive feedback is also good.

So thanks for the Amstrad anniversary article. And all the other 80s micro articles and 'This Old Box' stuff. I've enjoyed reading it.

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Pint

Geek's Guide to brown-nosing

While I'm on the subject of crawling to El Reg - thanks for the Geek's Guides articles.

I've enjoyed them all, including some quite weird places. And I've even planned a trip with a mate up to Bletchley to see the National Computing Museum because of one. Let's hope all the shennanigans going on there don't bugger things up. Bravo!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020