back to article Storage overlord EMC announces growth, plans to slash 1,000 jobs

Big storage beast EMC closed its 2013 fiscal year with impressive growth in its final quarter but sees lower growth in the future. It also announced 1,000 layoffs on the way in Q1 as it rebalances towards flash, integrated systems, mobile and cloud computing. According to EMC, the staff cuts are down to its internal rejigging …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dr Who

"According to EMC, the staff cuts are down to its internal rejigging to decrease the effects of back-end loading of customers orders in each quarter."

Eh? What? There is a fine line between english and gibberish, and I think that in this case the line has been reached, crossed and left a few miles behind.

2. Doogie Howser MD
    WTF?

BRIC+13?

Go on, I know what BRIC is, what is BRIC+13?

And no, I can't be arsed Googling it. Someone just tell me in plain English, if you please.

1. M. B.

Re: BRIC+13?

Well, it's the BRIC countries, plus the next 13.

http://www.businessinsider.com/forget-brics-13-other-countries-to-watch-2011-5

3. Euripides Pants
    Coat

"decrease the effects of back-end loading of customers"

Maybe they shouldn't make their customers take it in the @ss...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What do donkeys have to do with anything?

4. The Godfather
    WTF?

Gobble-di-gook....

Why can't businesses come out with statements like this without talking an awful lot of waffle.

In simple terms, 'Our revenue's grown nicely but the bottom line at a less accelerated rate so we'll chop a few bods to cut cost and hope this will fix it'.

There, simple stuff people can understand.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

3014?

Wow...that is far away still. Not sure what the issue is.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like