back to article GreenBytes guts its arrays, turns self into chompable doughnut

Once upon a time there were two suppliers with VDI-focussed storage arrays: GreenBytes,with an all-flash array; and Tintri, with a hybrid flash/disk array technology. Now GreenBytes has become a software-only business. Why? The reasoning, outlined by GreenBytes' CEO and chairman Stephen O'Donnell, is that over time mid-market …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kebabbert

ZFS + OpenSolaris

Greenbyte is using ZFS for their storage. ZFS has a deduplication functionality that is lacking in performance, so Greenbyte has rewritten the ZFS dedup engine. It would be really cool if Greenbyte would release their dedup engine into the open source ZFS world, but that will not happen I am afraid. But it would be wicked cool and make ZFS even better.

Competition is always good for us customers, I hope they succeed in putting pressure on the competitors so prices will be lowered.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/12/greenbytes_chairman/

2. nanchatte

Zevo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't greenbytes the company that have dropped the community ZFS platform called ZEVO for the Mac? Which is a bugger, because we were using it...

This topic is closed for new posts.