back to article Amazon Web Services passes the enterprise duck test

If it works like an enterprise piece of technology, has documentation like an enterprise piece of technology, and has enough ancillary costs to make it pound the wallet like an enterprise piece of technology, then it is probably ready for consumption by large companies. After rolling out a certification program for Amazon Web …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Won't use this service

Or any other American based one in the near future. Not for free, nor if they pay me.

The confidentiality of my clients information comes first.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Won't use this service

I don't think this will make much difference. Enterprises are still deserting them in droves for Azure....

1. Bill the Sys Admin
        Facepalm

Since when has everyone been deserting them for azure? Any facts or figures on this? Or just foaming at the mouth for MS?

Yes i agree its a great development environment, and hard to beat unless you run a "private cloud" in house.

2. Random K

In defense of AWS:

While that's totally understandable for those living outside the US, those of us state-side are essentially stuck with the NSA looking over our shoulder regardless of where we choose to park our data. Since my packets originate here the destination isn't terribly relevant unfortunately. If monitoring is an unavoidable reality, AWS is a wonderful service. I quite like the idea that I can spin up testing VMs, destroy them at the end of the work day, then resurrect them from S3 the following day thereby saving quite a bit over dedicated or cloud hosting from another provider. As a test platform it's really hard to beat.

2. plrndl
    FAIL

DOA

Shame it's based in the US.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like