XBox Family is getting killed... ;(

This topic was created by knarf .

1. knarf

XBox Family is getting killed... ;(

Well another nail in my XBOX/MS coffin. We've had up to 4 xboxes in the house which are now down to 2 due to their ability to self harm and kill themselves.

I've cancelled my renewal and won't have any xbox live gold account after the expiry and I won't be getting an XBOX One as I'm so pissed with MS and their mob handed approach.

Sure they want to make more money but NOT ANYMORE FROM ME!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ EMAIL @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Xbox Live Gold Family Pack Conversion to Individual Memberships

As a valued Xbox Live Gold member, we'd like to thank you and your family for being part of the Gold community.

We continually evaluate our offerings and are always working to provide services that best meet the needs of our customers.

Starting August 27, 2013, we will be converting each activated account on your Gold Family Pack to an individual Xbox Live Gold membership to prepare for new upcoming features on Xbox Live Gold. Rest assured, each individual membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Through the new Home Gold feature on Xbox One, a single Xbox Live Gold membership will allow anyone in your home to enjoy many Gold features like multiplayer, access to Gold entertainment apps, and more on your Xbox One.*

As a bonus, we will give each converted individual Xbox Live Gold membership from your Gold Family Pack an extra 3 months of Gold (in addition to the time remaining on your membership term).**

Before your memberships convert, you can still add family members to your Xbox Live Gold Family Pack, for a total of up to four accounts. However, any unassigned secondary accounts will no longer be accessible after your conversion. Please be sure to update your secondary accounts here.

After your memberships convert, the only Gold Family Pack features that will no longer be available are activity monitoring reports and Microsoft Points allowances. Activity monitoring reports will deactivate at the time of Gold Family Pack conversion, whereas the Microsoft Points allowance feature will no longer be available after the next Xbox 360 system update. Xbox Live family settings, including parental controls for what your kids can access and play on or offline, will still be available.

More Info >>

We hope you enjoy your 3 bonus months of Xbox Live Gold and continue to benefit from your Xbox Live Gold memberships on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Sincerely,

The Xbox Live Team

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: XBox Family is getting killed... ;(

Our child accounts have been locked out since Dec 10 update with Error code 83118853. They are facing a holiday period with no live games, in particular Minecraft. I play it too with them, and it's precious time.

We have 2 xbox 360s. I don't mind paying for a Gold sub per console, but per user is price gouging.

100s of kids seem to be locked out this week, whilst the Xbox team are busy bragging about the Xbox One on twitter.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/p/1644950/4326419.aspx#4326419

1. do everything you are passionate about passionatly

Re: XBox Family is getting killed... ;(

yes xbox have their problems but i still prefer them to playstations i like both but prefer xbox but this is just my opinion

2. Lionel Baden

now wait a moment

I Dont want to jump on the pc vs console bandwagen. and my post isnt to diss the console

But there is now more and more reason to do so, apart from the ability to sit on the sofa and game, which with products from Nvidia and Steam its now not so much a impossibility.

But then again the idea of paying to go online for myself is a laughable concept. But then again i refuse to pay monthly for games, just from principle at least.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020