back to article IBM CEO doesn't forget Parris in Power and Mainframe top job lob

Back in April, IBM CEO Ginni Rometty switched the roles of her chief strategist and the head of Systems and Technology Group, and the changes are now rippling through the various IBM server divisions. Four months ago, long-time IBMers Tom Rosamilia and Rod Adkins switched desks. Adkins had been running Systems and Technology …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why ?

Where is the stated strategy for these changes - what does IBM need to do differently ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why ?

You never worked for IBM, have you?

"L'art pour l'art" at IBM becomes "Change for change's sake".

Now, if I counted right, with this latest change there now would have been 16 layers from myself to Ginny, up from 15. I think they beat the pre-Gerstner record of ranks.

All those snouts in the trough that need to be fed... glad I'm out.

1. PassingStrange

Re: Why ?

Except I'm told by people still in there that they also recently ripped some layers out. Whether it was dramatic or very limited, I don't know.

2. PowerMan@thinksis

IBM is showing itself to be nimble

I'm in the channel and experiencing some of this change first hand. I can tell you that I have never seen IBM as focused or agile in making decisions as they are right now. From Doug down to the IBM direct sellers and business partners there is a energy and excitement for the sellers to take a rich and robust Power platform and compete against and in the new competitive marketplace which now includes Linux, x86 and VMware.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like