back to article Wall St 'Likes' Facebook again: Shares edge up to pre-IPOcalypse price

It's been 14 months since Facebook debuted on Wall Street and the company has finally rebounded to its initial public offering share price of $38. On Tuesday, the free content ad network's stock rose 7 per cent to $37.96 - just a whisker away from its 18 May 2012 IPO price tag. Facebook saw its shares hit repeated snags: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 13

Not surprising.

The market is desperate for winners. Everybody knows the increases in prices are just the result of The Fed pumping inflation into the stock market. They just don't want to admit it. And Facebook finally showed some promise that they might actually be able to generate positive cash flow from their mobile apps.

But I'd still wait another quarter of results before risking retirement money on it.

2. Khaptain Silver badge

Beware beware

Beware beware the ides of March July/August...

Pride before a fall Wall Street collapse.

[Mike Myers] "Cor! This coffee rebound smells like shit!"

And a multitude of other proverbs...........

I can understand speculation on the likes of coffee, sugar and tea, but Facebook is a whole other ballgame..... i will never understand the stock market...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

I had pre IPO shares in Facebook, not going to divulge how...didn't sell when they opened and decided to ditch them a few months later when I was sure they were on a downward spiral. Now they've gone back up again. Fucking tech stocks...

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Mushroom

It's not the tech stock

It's you misusing the stock market. The stock market is supposed to allow people to INVEST in companies, not speculate on them.

INVESTMENT : long-term placement showing belief and support of a company in hope of increased returns over the years

SPECULATION : fucking bastardisation of the system in hope of short-term benefit, economy and consequences be damned

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like