back to article Google's second-gen Nexus 7 fondleslab STRIPPED BARE

Google's latest Asus-built Nexus 7 fondleslab may be smaller, slimmer, and lighter than the old version, but the Chocolate Factory hasn't sacrificed reparability for the sake of miniaturization. Photo showing how to open the Nexus 7 case All that's needed to open the Nexus 7 case is one plastic tool, and all the fasteners …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Justin Stringfellow
    Headmaster

"..increases repair costs and creates more e-waste"

AKA waste in polain english. What extra does the "e" give us?

1. MrMur
      Thumb Up

That struck me too. Have an upvote.

2. CynicalPsycho

Oh the irony...

AKA "plain" in correctly spelled english. What extra does the "o" give us?

1. thesykes

Re: Oh the irony...

English, not english.

2. Justin Stringfellow
        Happy

Re: Oh the irony...

fat fingers, sorry.

As far as my grammar and spelling goes - polain, english, etc, I'm not claiming to be a professional journalist am I?

3. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge

I've left half my brains somewhere in a field in Hampshire.

What extra does the "e" give us?

A gentle mellow feeling and a desire to hug everyone. Allegedly.

4. Robert Forsyth

E-waste

Some part of a gadget which should be reusable or recyclable, but has been designed and manufactured in a way to make it impractical or uneconomic to do so.

It usually become box litter to clog up garage or attic.

1. Robert Forsyth

Re: E-waste

become = becomes

1. FredBloggsY
          Meh

become <> becomes

Shirley?

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

enough of this unbecoming discussion. And don't call me Shirley.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good spudger must be in want of a shed. And what a magnificent specimen, indeed! Blue as a baboon''s MESSAGE TERMINATED

3. Andrew Hodgkinson

Wireless charging: Saving the planet through fewer wires, because the vendor specific mutually incompatible wireless chargers connect to the mains by magic, nobody ships tablets with USB cables for data anyway and induction charging is 100% efficient, wasting no energy at all compared to wired charging.

Everyone also loves having to make room to position a 7" tablet flat on its back on a wireless charger and make sure it doesn't get knocked out of place. Or if the charger clips the tablet in, then everyone must love the extra plastic bulk for something that still ends up physically connected to the device. But not by a wire. Wires are bad now. Yay.

Gotta love those down to earth folks in marketing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like