back to article Hi? Vladimir? It's Obama. The hackers ARE BACK. Hello? Are you still there?

The White House's cybersecurity desk warriors have installed a hotline which will allow them to immediately contact Vladimir Putin’s Kremlin in the event of an online apocalypse. The US Cybersecurity will have a direct connection to Russia’s Deputy Secretary of the Security Council, so they can report a "crisis situation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vimes

The two countries will, no doubt, be discussing China using the new line. Miscreants within the People's Republic were responsible for about 41 per cent of the world's cyber-attacks during the final quarter of last year, according to a report by online distribution network Akamai.

I wonder how many hackers are actually in China and how many are outside and merely taking advantage of compromised PCs in the country?

1. g e

Dare I suggest

At least half...

2. gautam

The biggest hackers are ......

..in their own backyards !

NSA and FSB.

WTF?

3. g e
    Coat

Failsafe (as in the film)

"I'm sorry Mr Putin, there's really no way to divert the bomber at this stage"

1. Daniel B.

Dr Strangelove or ...

I usually think more of the Kubrick film.

The code is OPE!

4. Matt 21

I was thinking more Yes Minister

"Have we tested the line?"

"Well we don't like to as it seems to cause panic at the other end."

etc. etc.

5. E 2

Is the hotline analog or is it IP based? If it's IP then the Chinese are probably listening in already.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it a video conferencing link?

That way there is more opportunity for some Putin bare-chested machismo!!

1. Euripides Pants

Re: bare-chested machismo

Sean Connery in Zardoz has Putin beat. Only a man with no fear could run around in nothing but a read handkerchief and thigh high boots.

1. Euripides Pants
        Facepalm

Re: D'oh!

Should have been *red* handkerchief.

Maybe I need more Red Bull...

This topic is closed for new posts.