back to article HP: Hey, it could easily have been so much worse

If you were expecting HP to bring good news to the IT industry when it reported its financial results for the fiscal second quarter, you are no doubt sorely disappointed. Well, unless you consider that in terms of profit declines it could have been a lot worse. In the quarter ended April 30, HP was down on all fronts, and CEO …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

I bet HP wishes

they were private just about now...

2. Sil

Faking due diligence, purchasing crap companies, aping IBM's strategy 10 years too late. Maybe that's what you do not to go private.

3. armyknife

Why Print Anything?

I'm interested that in a world of ever increasing processor power and general computerisation, consumer still buy into the notion that ink should rightly be one of the most expensive commodities on earth.

1. ecofeco Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Why Print Anything?

Because hardware still fails.

When was the last time you had to reboot a piece of paper and hoped your image was still there?

4. ecofeco Silver badge
    Meh

My guess would be

I used to work for these wanks. Quality control and paying for quality employees is not in their vocabulary except as lip service.

They've pretty well gutted themselves at this point, but they are so damn big they may never have to really change.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like