back to article Amazon readying smartphone with 3D DISPLAY – report

If Amazon does release its own smartphone, it won't be just another me-too number, according to a new report that says the online retailer is working on a handset with a 3D holographic display. Citing anonymous sources, The Wall Street Journal reports that Amazon's device will use "retina-tracking technology" to make images …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shagbag
    Thumb Down

Amazon to make a smartphone?

...err. No thanks. I've seen what they've done to the tablet.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd consider one.

Especially if they came out with a worldwide no-hassle tariff (a la Kindle) to go with it.

Just so long as it's not another run-of-the-mill slabfone.

3. joeW

This would interest me

I'm currently the owner of an LG "Optimus 3D" P920. I'm a fan of the 3D display - it's a nice little party trick - but the phone is getting a bit long in the tooth at this stage.

4. MrXavia

3D phone?

I'll pass thank you...

I am sure there are those out there who like all this 3d stuff.. me?

nah, I am never that impressed with it.. sure its pretty, but only ever works if you keep your head at the right position... no good for laying and doing something...

5. Richard Barnes

3D phone, no thanks. 3 Day phone - YES PLEASE!

I think that 3D is a bit of a gimmick that doesn't really offer anything useful. However, I will go and buy right now any smartphone that lasts for 3 days. I'm so fed up discovering my phone is dead in the morning because I forgot to put it on charge before I went to bed.

Would any manufacturer's representative care to tell me which of their phones I can buy?

1. Jon Arden
      WTF?

Re: 3D phone, no thanks. 3 Day phone - YES PLEASE!

Whilst there at it can they design a meal that lasts me 3 days so if/when when I forget to eat I don't starve....

Just remember to charge the damn thing.... I'd rather have a slim compact phone that I can use for 1 day than a brick that last 3 days for no good reason.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a fantastic idea!

Just look at how successful Nintendo has been with the 3D version of the DS. Look at the way they ushered in a new era of portable gaming, are incredibly popular and making a mint for Nintendo.

Oh. Wait. No they aren't. Its just a pointless gimmick that doesn't really add anything to the experience, is very difficult to use, and gives most people a headache. And isn't selling very well. No thank you. That's a reason NOT to buy a phone.

Someone get Motorola to sell their MAXX range over here, that's what I want. A modern smartphone with a massive 3 day battery.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like