back to article China's internet security giant Qihoo planning global domination

Controversial Chinese software vendor Qihoo 360 has its eyes on world domination after controversial founder Zhou Hongyi told the local press he wants to turn the firm into the planet’s biggest web security biz. Qihoo made its name flogging free AV to bargain-seeking Chinese punters and has since gone on to build a successful …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Khaptain Silver badge
    Devil

Heads up

Qihoo's business practices sound an awful lot like some of the "Scamware" products that are offered for free over here already.

I very much doubt that I would install a Chinese AV, I already have a hard time trusting the ones from Europe and the US.

1. The Man Who Fell To Earth Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Heads up

The term "Chinese security software" is an oxymoron.

2. bahaelaila7
    Trollface

Pinky and Brain ? is that you ?

3. Don Jefe
    Happy

Users Manual

I hope the users manual for the English version is written by an English as a first language person. Even fairly nice 'designed and produced in China' products have deplorable users manuals.

I've got an enormous digital picture frame from a trip over there and the instructions say 'After planting god tree scan for broken section before open portal'. I've tried for years to get any kind of portal to open in the thing. So far no luck.

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Re: Users Manual

Sounds like a controversial problem to me.

4. Dave P 1
    Big Brother

SECURE?

Comes complete with backdoor, I'd bet.

5. Jim O'Reilly

Chinese Security!

SO a company part owned by the PRC's Red Army is going to give us all free virus protection!

I think I busted a gut laughing!!!!!!

6. Chakra
    Mushroom

Don't use even if they are technically good

This company tactics are borderline malware tactics including crippling all other browser on targeted machine except its own, and straight out fraud using the IE logo on its browser to trick people. The Qihoo antivirus has been getting good technical results on the AV review sites, but you gotta ask yourself why in the world would you entrust your security software to such a shaddy company?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like