back to article UK bloke collared at home by bank-raid Trojan probe cops

A 36-year-old from South Croydon, London, has been arrested by cops investigating allegations of fraud involving the bank-account-raiding Tilon Trojan. The as-yet-unnamed man is suspected of conspiring to defraud and breaking drug laws. He was collared by officers from the Police Central eCrime Unit (PCeU) and the Serious …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Windows only malware ...

"The software nasty works by intercepting data typed into web pages in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and perhaps other browsers, and sending any sensitive information - such as bank account passwords - to miscreants' central command servers."

"Once run, the service injects malicious code into various native Windows processes, then terminates itself, so no malware process is found in memory thereafter."

1. mark 63 Silver badge

Re: Windows only malware ...

the nature of security hole exploitation makes it difficult to cross platform.

whats your point?

Less software is avalable generally for Linux & mac. I'm sure if you shop around you can find some nice alternative trojans though.

1. Mystic Megabyte

Re: Windows only malware ...@mark63

The point is that Windows is not fit for the purpose of any financial transactions, it's a leaky as a sieve.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Linux

Linux & mac trojans ...

"Less software is avalable generally for Linux & mac. I'm sure if you shop around you can find some nice alternative trojans though."

Where can I click on a URL or open an email attachment and this trojan installs itself as root, without me typing in the admin password ...

1. jbuk1
          FAIL

Re: Linux & mac trojans ...

Seems as most of the data malware is after is stored under your user context it hardly needs root to steal your data.

http://www.metasploit.com/modules/exploit/multi/browser/java_jre17_exec

This would have done the job quite nicely on Linux.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meanwhile ...

The financial terrorists (bail us out or we take down your country) roam free to continue their looting

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like