Lewis Page: Space Marine

This topic was created by M Gale .

1. M Gale

Lewis Page: Space Marine

See also this post.

So if by some miracle a slot on the ISS came up and could be paid for, what sorts of LOHAN-related and other experiments could you fit into a week of zero G?

Bear in mind it would be a once in a lifetime chance to fit something involving bulgaria and airbags on board a bazillion-dollar orbital research facility, as well as maybe do something useful.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

Lewis Pages.

Well....

I think US company "Space Adventures" organized most of the trips to the ISS but I'm not sure how many free seats Russia has left

By "free" I mean available. IIRC the stated price was $20m but most who went have claimed actual prices are a bit lower (but not saying how much).

Aside from spending 3 days in a chair (if they use the "standard," rather than fast docking process) you'll also need to have about 18 months free to train in Russia and a working knowledge of the Russian language would certainly help and may be mandatory (I suspect Lewis may have have acquired this already).

Of course 18 months is an awful lot of global warming stories to not cover....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021