back to article Telcos and hosters add US jobs in November, semi manufacturers cut them

In some surprising good news for the US and perhaps the rest of the world in this interconnected global economy, employers added more jobs and lost fewer jobs in November in the wake of Hurricane Sandy smacking into the east coast in late October, and state governments started adding workers, offsetting losses in the government …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eddy Ito

Call for volunteers

"the White House and the US Congress seem determined to drive over the fiscal cliff"

We can only hope they all fit into the bus, they are going fast enough and that the cliff is plenty high. Can I get a list of volunteers to help me push them the last bit if they don't make it over and wind up teetering on the edge?

2. Boris S.

Be careful what you believe

Do not believe any U.S. government published employment/jobs data (or most any other data). The data is typically very inaccurate and often quietly "revised" in the following months and usually more negative than positive. In addition the U.S. only counts those who are unemployed that are still eligible for unemployment benefits. If you have been unemployed for 2 years or more as millions of people in the U.S. have, then you no longer count and you are no longer counted by the Feds.

If you were to believe the tainted U.S. employment data or the jobs created instead of the reality that U.S. companies have eliminated far more jobs than are being created, you'd be either naive or a damn fool. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when a bureaucrat is lying and when the numbers don't add up. With only a few areas of the U.S. prospering, the rest of the U.S. is in a historic economic depression and unlikely to see any real not imagined, economic growth for another five years as the current administration has no clue about job creation. With high unemployment, lower tax revenues, increased social service costs, there is no way but down for the U.S and other intertwined world economies. With high unemployment not only does the U.S. have fewer jobs they import fewer goods.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There are lies, damn lies and statistics

If I had a Euro for every lie about employment and jobs, I'd be a billionaire.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like