back to article Competition watchdogs jump in bed, compare Google probes

Separate investigations into the business practices of Google are continuing to take place on both sides of the Atlantic and a meeting of minds is set to take place early next week, after the US Federal Trade Commission's chairman flew to Europe for talks with Brussels' competition chief. The FTC's boss Jon Leibowitz is to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I's not exactly over..

.. I just started talks with an EU division on some other stuff discovered about Google. I don't think 2012 will end well for Google in Europe unless they decide that compliance with local laws is maybe worth considering after all, especially since the EU is inclined to hand out fines that actually *hurt* (in which context I'm wondering about FTC's involvement - maybe they are there *on behalf* of Google?).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I's not exactly over..

I hope they throw the book at them. Google try to put themselves across as all open source and about freedom, but they're like any hippy or nerdy company. They try to appear all nice until they get large and then become evil.

Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's, Apple and now Google.

2. Philip Lewis
    Devil

Schmidt and his cohorts have always been evil. They merely convinced the gullible for a while that they weren't.

3. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Ironic

All the monopoly commisions are forming a secret cartel behind everyone's back to fix their results?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like