back to article Tax proposal could change Aus hardware lifecycles

A new review Discussion Paper released yesterday by the Australian Taxation Office's Business Tax Working Group (BTWG) has the potential to change the way Australian IT departments manage their affairs. The BTWG was formed last year in response to business groups' concerns that Australia's tax regime, and especially the 30% …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

now I know why I didn't pursue a career in economics

Could the depreciation rate be tied to Moore's law? Or would this upset the apple cart and turn it into kindling?

Or - You can't please all of the people all of the time, and most of the time you don't please any of them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sounds like

What we have got to put up with in the UK only worse.

Could always move to the UK where the Government has given the banks millions and billions to lend to business..... At a lower rate of interest, but they don't.

2. Shagbag

What's the point?

"the Company Tax rate can be cut, but only if other assistance to business is also reduced"

LOL.

3. Equitas
    FAIL

Fail! This article applies only to Oz and there should have been an indication of that fact in the title.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Equitas

Wow. A fail because you had to read as far as the first sentence? I'd recommend you cancel your subscription in protest.

2. Faceless Man

Uhh...there is...

What did you think "Aus" refers to. You know, in the title there?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like