back to article LOHAN acquires mighty igniter arsenal

Our Rocketry Experimental High Altitude Barosimulator (REHAB) tests are back on track, following the arrival of the custom Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) igniters. Click here for a bigger version of the LOHAN graphic As you're doubtless aware, our shed-built hypobaric rocket motor test rig has proved a bit of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Yeah, looks OK, I believe you

Just light it up already! :-)

2. Trollslayer
    Flame

SOAD

Switch On And Duck!

3. ukgnome
    Mushroom

<------ fingers crossed

4. Crisp
    Go

Careful with all those explosives!

You don't want a visit from the terror police squad!

1. Steve Evans

Re: Careful with all those explosives!

Good point!

I wonder how long this can continue before El Reg is classed as one of those "terrorist bomb making website" you hear about in the news.

1. Gordon 10

Re: Careful with all those explosives!

Am I the only one wondering how it got to Spain and whether it broke any export rules?

5. Kevin Johnston

Mmmmm

In the best Mythbusters fashion.....'Jamie want big boom'

1. imanidiot Silver badge
      Mushroom

Re: Mmmmm

"When in doubt: C4"

6. Dave 32
    Mushroom

Fire in the Hole!

Just remember to yell "Fire in the Hole!" before pushing the ignition switch. :-)

Dave

1. mjwalshe

Re: Fire in the Hole!

It should be of course

"Hauptstufe"

Final comand in the launch sequence for a A4

7. Rich Harding
    Happy

Budgies in Near Space

Some of my paragliding friends are heavily involved in a loosely-related charity project to get a pair of crochet budgies into near space. I admit it's a fairly bizarre thing to want to do but the idea is that the project generates funds for a charity through sponsorship of the footage and of subsequent launches, in this case the Childrens Hospice South West (http://www.chsw.org.uk/).

The idea is to gain sponsorship for the footage so the more people who see the footage the more sponsorship they can get for the Hospice so please pass it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0uyOcAcUkQ

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Budgies in Near Space

That's how budgies *should* be smuggled. Take note Queenslanders: you're doing it wrong.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you aren't going to at least consider Dioxygen Diflouride and Beryllium, you're not trying hard enough.

9. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Mushroom

C'mon Baby Light My Fire ALREADY!

We want a boom or a burn,.... either will do. :0(

This topic is closed for new posts.