back to article Sky Go streams to Samsung Galaxy S III

Sky's TV-on-the-move app, Go, is now available on the Samsung Galaxy S III as well as a range of other Android 4.0 handsets after the broadcaster announced support for Ice Cream Sandwich. The app, which allows Sky customers to watch content while they're out and about - as long as it aligns with their subscriptions - is now …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Brett

hummm

Doesn't work on my Galaxy Nexus on Jelly Bean :(

2. tonyoung
    Thumb Down

Doesn't show up ...

.... on Google Play for via my HTC One X

3. tonyoung

This, from the PC version of Google Play ....

"This item is not compatible with some of your devices:

HTC One X

Transformer TF101"

Both running ICS.

Where did this story come from?

4. 20legend

erm..........no

'If you're an HTC or Samsung owner - with a Gingerbread or newer Android build'

Sammy Galaxy W running Gingerbread 2.3.6 - This app is not compatible with your device (but judging by the reviews it's no great loss ATM)

5. Aberdeen Angus
    FAIL

One week too late!

Had it been available for my Galaxy Nexus any time since October 2011, that would have been great. As they chose to release it exactly 6 days after my Galaxy Nexus was upgraded to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), an OS they do not support, it just make them look silly.

Big announcement: "look what we now support!" Except you don't.

6. Platelet

compatibility

Latest updated (2.0.1) added: Support for Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Nexus devices on ICS

Which means that:

Sky Go is supported on the following Android smartphones running on 2.2, 2.3 & 4.0 operating systems: HTC Desire, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Incredible, HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XE, Google Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note.

Please note that if existing Sky Go users with OS versions 2.2, 2.3 or 4.0 choose to upgrade to v4.1 (Jelly Bean) they will not be able to stream content through the Sky Go app until the operating system can be fully supported.

7. tonyoung
    FAIL

A rubbish ...

.... report, then? No apology?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like