back to article CSC UK touts jobs at RIVALS to techies facing chop

Outsourcing biz CSC has allowed rivals to advertise job vacancies on its intranet as hundreds of workers face redundancy. In February the integrator wrote off nearly $1.5bn in the fallout of the NHS IT fiasco and threatened to axe 500 techies working on its project to provide electronic patient records. A 90-day consultation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Denarius
    Flame

Is that so

HP !!?? while slashing and burn continues there also ??

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is that so

Yeah, because I suspect that just like CSC, whilst they are cutting jobs they are also recruiting at the same time...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is that so

Is it really that surprising that companies the size of CSC and HP will always need to recruit people with certain skills whilst having a surplus of people with other skills. Retraining is, as I am sure many of you know, no substitute for recruiting people with years of real world experience.

anon as I may have worked for CSC or HP or both

2. Craig Foster
    Coat

Does their intranet run like NHS IT?

In which case it wouldn't matter...

3. QuinnDexter

As someone who has gone through many redundancy tranches (though not been picked) I see that this is a good thing. Helping those made redundant to stay within a job (or at least making it easier for them) is a good thing.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One rule for one another for the others!!!

I note from the comments that contractors will go? I find it amazing that our fellow CSC India staff have not been returned yet?

Mind boggling really!!

The company has messed up but management that caused the issues are still there!

5. SysExJohn

The ineptitude of CSC management comes as no surprise.

When they were a fairly new, to the UK, company I worked for them for a few months. That was all the time it took to discover the competence of the management! Although the short period with them looked bad on the CV it was infinitely preferable to working with that shambolic lot.

Having said that it does, at least, show some sense letting people find alternative positions rather than dumping them on the street. It also saves them paying redundancy money I have no doubt.

Now retired, thank goodness, I don't have to worry about vindictive management prats.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the old days

the non useful staff were TUPE'd to the new supplier and any skilled staff kept....was a good way to out the "dead wood"

CSC, SERCO et al will always recruit skills in as needed, saves spending money on your existing staff who may then be eligable for a wage rise after completing training

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like