back to article Who will fill legal RIM job after latest exec exit?

RIM's has confirmed that its top legal eagle Karima Bawa is to join the ranks of other senior figures that have left the beleaguered mobile player. The departure of the BlackBerry maker's chief brief comes amid industry talk that RIM is axing some 6,000 jobs – or more than 36 per cent of the workforce – with some reports …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paw Bokenfohr
    Coffee/keyboard

Who will fill legal RIM job after latest exec exit?

Icon says it all - you definitely owe me a new keyboard. LOL.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She's leaving to avoid the seagul managment fallout and lawsuits

Title says it all, useless.

3. Charles Manning

Chief Legal Officer

Oh No,

Another SCO.

4. heyrick Silver badge

I'll do it...

No, really... It has to be more interesting than the job I'm doing now, and maybe a fresh pair of eyes would see things differently? [if anybody takes this seriously enough, I'm sure El Reg can put you in touch]

5. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Calling it now - FB will buy them

Facebook will buy them, pretty much a no brainer realy. Current stock value you RIM at around 6bn, they have around 2bn liquid in the bank and thats without the IP assets and physical assets. Facebook after a phone, RIM have a good base to work from. So wouldn't cost that much at all. That said it's a marriage RIM will probably try and avoid and would rather somebody more adapt at dismanterling Canadian companies like ew HP. But with the way things are going and RIM having got the clowns in (aka JPMorgan) who also floated FB oh and some canadian bank to appeas local laws as well.

Given all this, I can't see how this won't happen. Also RIM's best bet and FB's safest bet as well as giving some solid income.

This topic is closed for new posts.