back to article Facebook starting to go big in Brazil. Hmm ...

Facebook's user base is plateauing across Europe and the US and the site has seen losses as well as gains in the developing world, the latest statistics from Social Analytics firm Socialbaked show. Facebook membership increased by 0.88 per cent in the US in the last six months and by 1.52 per cent in the UK. By contrast, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jeebus

It makes me happy that [hopefully] less than half the UK populace uses these sites.

1. JDX Gold badge

Yes but what % of the UK uses the internet regularly in the first place? If we drop out old people and poor people... amongst younger folk and new computer users FB is probably at 75%.

2. Spearchucker Jones
      Go

Lol, relative. My meatspace life is in London. On Facebook I live in Monte Carlo.

2. Kevin Johnston

Active users

It would be interesting to know the numbers of active and dormant accounts and how they differentiate. I was 'required' to setup an account so I could be a neighbour for some of those games but I can't recall the details I used so I can't go in to delete it. I still get emails showing status updates of my 'friends' so am I classed as active?

1. JetSetJim

Re: Active users

Or even if they are including deactivated accounts in their figures, too. After all, up until recently it was quite difficult to get your account deleted.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"If one disregards multiple accounts held by the same user"

and also accounts run in the name of corporate bodies by London-based PR companies

4. Camilla Smythe

Hmmmm Brazil is also Orkut

Is The Chocolate Factory losing 'share'?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like