back to article Microsoft seals up Windows zero-day flaw in April Patch Tuesday

Microsoft released six bulletins on Tuesday to fix a total of 11 vulnerabilities, one of which has become the target of active attacks against unpatched applications. One of the four critical patches in the batch – MS12-027 – addresses an Active X issue that impacts numerous application and creates a mechanism to drop malware …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Elmer Phud

Hmm . .

My Hotmail account seems to have been chucking out spam in the past few days, not connected with the server flaws I suppose.

(mainly spamming mail addreses that are dead and I haven't cleared out)

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

Re: Hmm . .

Funny you should mention that, two of my friends' hotmail accounts have spammed me since Sunday.

1. Wibble

Me too. When I challenged them about it they were completely unaware. Nor did their AV find anything untoward. Hotmail hacked?

2. John I'm only dancing

Et me brute....Two spam messages from my brother's hotmail account this morning, one sent at 1 in the morning, the other around three hours later, and he was definitely asleep

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I Smell

..the taste of well-fermented chunks of code, which had been long forgotten. Now a naughty dog digged them up.

3. Mr Young
    Thumb Up

Auto remote updates!

Sadly - my budget usually only stretched to mask rom or otp's. Bug in yer code anyone?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Zero-day flaw attacks users

"attacks .. affects an unusually wide range of Microsoft products and Microsoft users"

What's the difference between product and software? Is product like the same software packaged under different titles and then sold over-and-over again Yogi ..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like