back to article China passes the US in free iPad app downloads

It's official: China has more cheapskate iPad fanbois than any other country on earth. According to a report released Tuesday by the app store analysts at Distimo, last month was the first time that the US fell from number one in free iPad-app downloads, dethroned by China. During February, Chinese iPad users downloaded over 1 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

now i have

Just taken delivery of my first and new iPad I will try to redress the balance......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm..

I can understand if people to wait get their new iPad before downloading PURCHASED apps but can see no logic in anybody waiting to download a free one - seems like a feeble excuse (but that may be just me).

One other explanation is that perhaps the US'ers (and other long-time fanbois) have finally started to jailbreak more, and so aren't exclusively using the walled Apple garden of delights to get their apps. Possible.

1. jonathanb Silver badge

Re: Hmm..

They are waiting to get an iPad, and the second thing they do with their shiny new fondleslab is to download lots of apps for it.

I got an iPad 2 in the black friday sale. I won't be replacing it any time soon. Maybe when the iPad 6 or 7 comes out.

2. Confuciousmobil
      Thumb Down

Re: Hmm..

What has JailBreaking got to do with the number of Apps you download from the App store? All it does is give you access to additional Apps that allow you to do more with your device. If anything, I download more from the App store as JailBreaking makes my iDevices more useable so I use it far more than I would otherwise and hence download more Apps than people who only use their devices occasionally.

3. Khaptain Silver badge

Mind your language

Just out of pure interest, does the Chinese App Store contain the same apps as the US app store ?

I ask the question because most apps are probably written in English and I "presume" that they have not been translated into Chinese, ( I could definately be wrong here). If they have not been translated then how are the Chinese managing to use them ?

Are there really that many Chinese that can read English ?

These are all serious questions, please don't try and read them any other way.. ( I do profess to my complete ignorance with almost everything related to China)

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Khaptain Silver badge
        FAIL

Re: Mind your language

In my ignorance I also failed to see the precentage of English speaking chinese people that possess an Ipad and that have downloaded one of the 300 most popular apps and thereby failed to understand the reason for the Chinese having passed the US in free app usage.

Hopefully, you will provide us with something a little bit more interesting than a bloody Wikipedia page.

I bow down to your extraordinary web skills, not

4. Tony Paulazzo
    Happy

>1,336,718,015 people can't be wrong<

Yes, yes they can!

>We'll simply let you, dear reader, come to your own conclusions about the correlation of Reg readership and iPad fanboi purchase patterns.<

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iFz06YsFjOs/Sbji5ahkuoI/AAAAAAAAAGs/E9ibkdVHTjg/s400/ShutUpBitch.jpg

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like