back to article EC tears duvet off Universal-EMI mega-music romp

As expected, Eurocrats are anxious to probe the mega-merger of Universal EMI, fearing the effect on digital music markets. The merger sees the world's largest record label (and the largest music publisher) Vivendi-owned Universal Music, take over the fourth-largest label EMI – with the EMI publishing business spun out to Sony …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Wilson
    Flame

For the sake of music consumers everywhere I hope the merger is quashed.

For the sake of music consumers everywhere, I hope this merger is quashed by the EC regulators.

If EC regulators fail, then like Greece, it's time to truly question whether the EC is really for its citizens or only under the control of large multinationals.

1. Beaver6813
      Facepalm

Re: For the sake of music consumers everywhere I hope the merger is quashed.

Absolutely ridiculous that they think they can justify their merger by claiming that piracy is the reason!

1. GrandpaChris
        FAIL

Re: For the sake of music consumers everywhere I hope the merger is quashed.

Canadian view living next to the kind gentle elephant in the room. Let the merger proceed. Let Apple Inc. buy after the merger. The elephant may grunt as it swallows the merger but all will be well. Consumers win again -NOT!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like