back to article The Register channels jobs into jobs channel

Recently we slipped out a new editorial channel to cover work issues. It's called "Jobs" and you can find a link on the main nav bar which appears at the top of every page of The Register. This is a small launch designed for now to pop all articles we write about jobs, training and IT education into the one place. Also in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tim Parker

"Also in response to demand we have also engaged your favourite city headhunter Dominic Connor"

"demand" - seriously ?

1. melt

I like his articles.

1. dogged

I too like his articles.

2. Eddie Edwards

Me too but aren't they more tongue-in-cheek than serious advice?

Hard to tell on El Reg. For a while I thought the climate change denialism was all a big joke.

3. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Count me among Dominic's fans...

2. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
      Devil

If he's the favourite...

...I'd hate to meet the rest.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: If he's the favourite...

Hint: Like an only child, he's equally the least favourite.

2. Steve Button Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Polarised your audience.

It seems people either love or hate Dominic. With the vast majority hating. I think he's got a healthy amount of cynicism and I find myself agreeing with most of the content of his articles, and it's even prompted my to make a few changes to my CV (mostly removing old irrelevant stuff) and prepare better for interviews.

He's not quite as cynical as myself, but then that's probably an unhealthy level of cynicism.

I think many of the techies I've worked with over the years could really learn a lot... they could, but inevitably they won't. It's really about marketing yourself as a commodity, to get the best profit. And it's about picking up new skills a couple of years before they are in heavy demand (like Puppet, AWS, MapReduce, ...)

G'wan, thumbs down my comment. I dare ya.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

G'wan, thumbs down my comment. I dare ya.

Challenge accepted.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And does it pop up in the RSS?

Unlike BOFH?

I see Dominic as the BOFH of city recruitment. BRecruiterFH? BHeadhunterFH?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please do something about Hardware

If it really is The Dump where you put everything that doesn't fit somewhere else, then rename it appropriately.

I know this has been the subject of a past "management decision" --- but wouldn't it be nice to see the heading hardware and be able to expect something about some sort of machine?

And if you really need a place to put regular games reviews, how about "Games?" That way I can ignore them easily, instead of trying to work out what a seemingly cryptic headline means.

This topic is closed for new posts.